Sunday, July 19, 2009
I actually scrapbooked a page. First one in way too long. A year it's been, I think. Been taking a couple digi classes over that http://www.jessicasprague.com/ and have learned a few things about photoshop. this page might prove that I've learned how to do grunge in excess LOL (not that she's teaching excess, she's all about subtlety, something I know nothing about teehee)
Pretty sure I like it. No, I do like it. I'm all about texture and this certainly has that! And I finally WROTE something. nothing deep or profound. Just what I've been thinking lately.
I also edited a few other pictures that I hope to scrap soon (today???)
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
I've been thinking a lot about my not so minor freak out about leaving my 30's.
Here's the thing: My 30's rocked my socks off.
- I had Noah, the best boy in the entire world.
- I met, fell in love with, and married Peter.
- We added to our family with two beautiful, funny, adorable girls.
- I became a Catholic and strengthened by relationship with God.
- I started scrapbooking and taught classes with uber talented artists at my favorite store.
- I wrote a book! Thought of it, designed it, worked on it for 2 years, and even finished it!!!
- I met a group of women whose friendships mean more to me than I could possible explain.
- We found a great house that, even with the crazy small backyard, we totally love.
- We both have jobs/careers that we love.
- and most recently, we found Iris and added her to our family.
And that's just the big stuff. That doesn't count every laugh I've heard from my kids in the other room, every smile they've giving to me, every fight that got worked out. Every debt we've managed to pay off. Every baseball game, or karate tournament, or talent show. That doesn't count every funny exchange between peter and I or every time we make each other bust out in laughter.
My thirties kicked ass! Plain and Simple. How could my 40's possibly measure up to a list like that? I've wondered that all week, coming into today. I woke assuming I would feel exactly the same. Everyone said I would, and I saw no reason not to believe them. Here's the thing. I DON'T feel the same. I feel BETTER. If my thirties kicked my twenties stupid butt, my 40's are going to do the same, I just know it.
So bring it on new decade! Show me what you got. You're got big shoes to fill, and I know you're going to rock the house!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Me: See attached for number. Please call to get the 08 number for CPA
P: Looking for interest – not taxes
Me: Duh. Where is the number?
P: Don’t know
Me: Well who is our lender? This is for 08
Me: Hahahahha I think so. You do pay it, don’t you?
P: ME????? I thought you paid it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: Har har.
P: Don’t laugh – just looked at my bank acct and I did not pay May. They never pulled it out of my acct.
Me: Well now you have two reasons to call them.
P: STILL don’t know the #